Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bon Voyage!

We returned home from vacation on Saturday and Chinni's tickets for her three month US trip were booked for Tuesday night. So she had precisely three days to unpack all the stuff and pack up once again. So the three days were all about shopping sprees, check lists and deadlines. So Tuesday did come and after a hurried packing and last minute shopping in the rain... we did make it to the airport just in time. We spent some time in the airport after checking in the baggage and shared some last minute talk. The scheduled departure of the flight was actually about 4.40am, early morning on Wednesday. So by about 3am I bid goodbye and drove back home. After a short nap, I woke up and went to the office as usual. 24 hrs later Chinni called up from Atlanta Airport that she'd reached safely.
Its been 10 days now and she's had some good time with a few parties. She seems to be enjoying her stay there. And on my side, I have been trying to catch up with friends and waiting for my relieving orders to the CBI deputation. In fact on Thursday evening it was on some news channels and also in the papers the next morning that I have been relieved. But it was only today that I was formally communicated the orders to relieve me. May be, Monday will be the day I actually get myself relieved now. That could well be my last day into active field policing for a long long time to come. Don't know whats in store... looks promising though.

1 comment:

raghuvaraprasad said...

Congratulations and All the very best to your new assignment :)