Monday, November 14, 2011

Back in the Mining Pit


It had been quite some time since I toured out of my headquarter now, and work started to feel a little monotonous. So I decided to visit Bellary where we just opened a temporary office in view of the illegal mining investigations in progress. I also had some Investigation work to supervise. So I left for Bellary again by train on the night of the 2nd. After inspecting the new office premises the next morning, the rest of the day was all planning and meetings about how to go about the collection of mining samples the next day.

We left early in the morning the next day from Bellary to the mines in Hospet, along with a big team of about 30 experts. It was a busy and dusty day collecting ore samples form the mines, sampling, packing and sealing them. By the time we actually wound up, it was about 5 in the evening and we were all covered in red soil from top to bottom. We drove back to the guest house and I had a good shower. The District SP and Deputy Commissioner had arranged a nice dinner at the Circuit House later that evening. Once I was done with it, I just had time to rush to the Railway Station to catch the late night train back to Bangalore.
Once I came back to Bangalore, I though it would be work as usual... but it wasn't to be.

No comments: