Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weekend in Mangalore

After a week spent with work and friends in Bangalore, came Good Friday on the 22nd. As my boss was away, without bothering him too much, I decided to spend the holiday at Bangalore itself. But then Deepu was furious that I didn’t plan my visit to Mangalore in advance so that I could leave Bangalore on Thursday and be with her on Friday. So I quickly made a call to my boss and requested for a day off on Saturday and rushed to book my tickets to Mangalore for Friday evening. Took the evening Volvo to Mangalore, even in the heavy downpour. Reached Mangalore by 6.30 in the morning and woke Deepu up. She was pleased to finally see me. I took a quick nap to catch up with what I lost on my bus journey.
We spent the rest of the day with lots and lots of gossip and planning for the future life in Bangalore. In the evening me and Deepu had decided to go out for dinner to some nice place. That is when we got an invite from the District Forest Officer and his family to join them for dinner at a restaurant. Having no choice, we cancelled our plans of dinner and joined the family for dinner. After a lengthy dinner we returned back home late to straight away hit the bed.
We had actually planned to go to the gym and a game of Badminton on Sunday morning. But with a late night dinner, that was not be. We woke up late, lazed around for some time and had a very light breakfast, planning to have a good lunch somewhere out.
So by 1pm we were dressed and left for Nalapad for lunch. The top floor of the restaurant called the Kadal is a splendid place with great view of the entire Mangalore coastline and the ocean. We had some good Goan seafood and returned back home for a nice nap.
My train ticket for the evening return journey to Bangalore was confirmed and I started packing. Deepu was visibly upset seeing me pack so early. I left home by 7.30pm and I am now on the evening train to Bangalore.

No comments: